Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer's End and New Beginnings

Summer break is almost over and we'll soon be busy with work and school. My first summer off in four years has been amazing! We've went to the beach, swam in the pool, went out for breakfast instead of eating at home, went on walks, golf cart rides....Marcus and I even went out on a few dates without Brock! It felt so weird not having him in the back seat of the car! I only called to check on him about five times during each date! Go figure! I never thought I could be so worried about someone so small until I had that little man! He keeps me going, that's for sure!

Brock has a new attachment to two things now....Barney and his pacifier! The only thing he will watch on TV is Barney (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse every now and then), so we go around with those songs stuck in our heads ALL day. And about the pacifier...he never really cared for it until a few weeks ago. He now crawls around the floor with it either in his mouth or hand! He is hilarious! He's also learned to make that "clicking" noise with his mouth....so cute! Hiccups make him mad. Chocolate chips cookies now make him happy. He tried his first taste of one today and LOVED it!

Marcus starts back to work soon....about a week before I start back to school. I'm really going to miss having my sweet husband here. Football season will start in a few weeks and I'll see less and less of him. That's something I've signed up for and have gotten used to. I love sitting in the stands and watching my husband coach his heart out. I can't wait for Brock to join in the fun and see his daddy on the sidelines!

I think I'm almost as excited about football as he is...I love the fall and football season! There's something about bundling up on cold nights and going to football games. Then there's the Peanut Festival which is always a tradition for our family. Gotta love those funnel cakes! Fall can't get here soon enough!

Here are a few of my favorites pics over the past few weeks:

He LOVES mommy's keys. They go on his top ten list of favorite toys. :)


You may think it's gross, but it doesn't bother him a bit!


He shares his toys. Kind of.


How sweet is that face?


I don't know what kind of face this is, but it's hilarious and cute all in one!


My sleepy baby was ready for bed....all decked out in his football pj's!


That's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment