School started back last week, and the few weeks before that I did absolutely nothing but enjoy my family. I knew this summer would be the last long break I would have before graduation and finding a job. Scary thought, huh? Marcus reminded me today that graduation will be here in nine months. Only nine months? Where did the time go?
This summer I did lots of cooking and tried out new recipes. I've always loved to cook, so I decided to take it a step further and try things I normally wouldn't make often. One of my new favorites is homemade blueberry cobbler. I was a little hesitant on how it would turn out when the recipe told me to pour boiling water over the dish right before putting it in the oven. Seriously? Who does that? I literally cringed while pouring it and hoped for the best! 45 minutes later and....
The best blueberry cobbler I have ever eaten. I mean, I've tasted several blueberry cobblers, even the ones that those sweet elderly women bake that make you want to move in for seconds...or thirds. This recipe was definitely worth making, and even more worth eating!
I certainly can't blog without talking about my sweet little man. I can't believe he is already eight months old.
Time is flying by, and he is growing way too fast for his mommy. He has learned to say "ma-ma" (but never when we want him to), he can shake his head "no", and he LOVES to imitate me coughing. We discovered this skill in the bathtub last night. He is also very good at getting boo-boos....two falls in less than a week prove it. Right now it looks like I beat him, but I don't. I promise.
Brock tried his first lollipop yesterday. He loved it and was so sweet trying to get in my lap to get to it. He would have eaten the whole thing if I would've let him!
And this is what happens when you take it away.
It was a rough 30 seconds for him before he found something else to put in his mouth. Bet it didn't taste as good though. :)



I love reading your blogs Anna! I think you are an awesome mother! Love ya! :)
ReplyDeleteKristi