1. Instead of living at home, my husband lives on the field or in the coach's office.
2. When he does come home, he is exhausted. Remind you that he gets up at 6am every morning and doesn't get home some nights until 8 or 9pm. Makes for some VERY long days.
3. He misses the little (and sometimes big) things that Brock is now learning to do, like eating "big boy" food, saying first words, and even attempting to walk.
4. No help with Brock! I'm a single parent from August until November. He really misses his daddy. The look on Brock's face when Marcus walks through the door is priceless.
5. Very little mommy-daddy time. I miss it.
6. The coaches meet every weekend, either on Saturday or Sunday for God only knows how long. Weekends should be family time....especially when you work all week.
7. Believe it or not, people can say some not-so-nice things about coaches, especially during a game. And I have to keep my mouth shut. Easier said than done.
The list could go on, but there are also reasons why I love football season:
1. Seeing my husband coach makes me happy. He loves what he does with a passion. I couldn't see him doing anything else.
2. I get to take Brock to his daddy's games and let him enjoy the fun as well! He loves his daddy so much.
3. The looks on the players' faces when they win a game.
4. The look on Marcus' face when they win a game. Love it.
5. Celebration after a winning game. ;)
6. The fellowship with other coaches and their wives is always nice, and I enjoy each chance I get to do that.
7. Fellowship of Christian Athletes. ( www.fca.org )
8. Each practice, workout, game, and meeting is a chance for someone to spread the word of God to others. I love hearing Marcus' stories of players wanting to pray, going to church, etc. Makes my day.
I really do love being a coach's wife. It's hard for people to understand the strain it can put on a family or relationship unless they've been there, much like any career or profession. The good times make up for the difficult times when I wish my husband was home more often. I love him, support him, and am extremely proud of him. I am blessed to be living the life of a coach's wife!
Before I leave this wonderful world of blogging, here are a few of my favorite recent pics for you all to enjoy.
Brock can pout with the best of them.
He crawls around most of the day with something hanging out of his mouth. I'm fine with socks. Yes, they were clean. If I start seeing things that crawl go anywhere near his mouth, I will literally have a cow.
My child has a serious case of bedhead when he wakes up in the mornings. I love it!
Doesn't this just make you smile? He is such a little love.



No comments:
Post a Comment