First off, my sweet Brock just turned 15 months old. Yes, 15 MONTHS!!! He has grown so fast and has quite the vocabulary for his age. He has a way of acting just like his daddy, but there are those times when I swear he looks like me. That doesn't last very long before someone tells me "Your child looks JUST like his daddy" and I reply, "Yes, he does!" I get that at least once a week, but I'm completely okay with it since I tend to think my husband is quite the stud muffin myself. :)
Speaking of my wonderful husband, we've been married almost four years in May and he STILL sweeps me off my feet. I know you're just loving this mushy talk, but I can honestly say he is my heart, my soul, and my best friend. He encourages me to keep going when things look impossible. He listens to me when I'm frustrated, tells me he loves me when I look a mess, always kisses me goodnight, still holds my hand (my favorite), takes care of me when I am sick, snuggles with me even when he's exhausted, takes me on dates, sings to me when I'm sad (the sweetest thing ever), and prays for me continuously. He is my rock. I thank God He allowed us to find each other in that small country church one morning. Looking back to the day he told me he loved me for the first time, I continue to see that same look in his eyes today. God has blessed us with a love that is always growing, and an amazing son who is proof of God's love and perfection in such an imperfect world.
So what's been going on with us? Well, I am about six weeks away from graduating! Finally! I am beyond excited to start my career as a nurse, and I pray that God leads me in the right direction of a job. I have been job hunting and finishing up my preceptorship, while Marcus stays busy with softball. We have also been house hunting for a place to live in the big city of Andalusia. I am definitely gonna miss where we're at, but as a coach's wife I have vowed to go where Marcus goes. Now that I'm (almost) done with school, I can do that and be more of the coach's wife that I need to be. We have lots of changes coming up and we want nothing more than to be in God's will.
I'll leave you guys with a recent picture of our little love. Behind his very active personality, there is a sweet side that stands out. He gives me hugs and kisses when he thinks I'm sad....it makes my day. So much that sometimes I pretend to cry so that he'll give more hugs and kisses. Is that wrong? Oh well, he won't remember it years down the road! :) Every night when we say our prayers, he lays down, covers his face with his hands, and mumbles little words as I pray. Moments like this are among reasons to be thankful.



No comments:
Post a Comment