LOTS to update you guys on since my last blog. Almost a full year of life-changing events that I'm ready to share (in-depth) with my sweet family and friends. I think it will be much easier for me to list things....I'm a list maker no matter what I'm doing! So here goes...
1. I graduated from nursing school! Yay! I feel it has been one of my greatest accomplishments, and in some ways, I kind of miss it. It was a journey with many life lessons along the way and I am so thankful God allowed me to follow a path that is so rewarding.

2. I passed the NCLEX, aka state boards! One word: PRAYER! It was the most difficult test I've ever taken. Never wanna see it again. :)
3. We made the big move to Andalusia, AL on May 25, 2011. Yes, I remember the exact date because it just happened to be our wedding anniversary. I know what you're thinking....Marcus will never live that one down. Truth is he probably won't...he's reminded often. :) I must say he's tried to make up for it ever since.
The move went great...we found a house rather quickly for rent, and walking distance from Andalusia High School. After we got settled in, then began the search for me a job. I was desperate to find something with great hours, great pay, etc. Easier said than done...
4. I began working at Andalusia Regional Hospital. 12 hour shifts, 7pm-7am...not a fan. I left my son looking out the window screaming for his mommy every night I worked. My heart was crushed with every shift. However, I can honestly say I learned so much while working there. For new graduate nurses, it's a great place to start out. It just wasn't for me. I felt like it was taking away from what means the most to me: my family. So I began looking for another job within a few weeks of working there.
5. Andalusia Bulldogs = 10-0!!! What a great accomplishment for those boys as well as the coaching staff. I couldn't have been any prouder. A great football season led to other great things, all in God's perfect timing. :)
6. After 5.5 months of working at the hospital and many, many sent in applications and resumes to various openings, God placed a blessing in my hands. I remember getting ready for work one night, praying and crying, asking God to please lead me to a better job...one that I would enjoy and my family would benefit from. I had applied to several jobs over the past week, many that I didn't expect to hear back from due to my lack of experience (most nursing jobs require at least one year of acute care experience). The next day, I received a call to come in for an interview for an office nurse job. Let me remind you that very few RN's get hired in offices due to not getting paid enough. When I went in for the interview, I knew before I left that I had gotten the job. I was ecstatic! God had proven Himself once again. I began work at our new office on December 1st, 2011 and things have been going great! I am constantly reminded of one of my favorite verses, Psalms 40:1: I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. Thank you Jesus for hearing my prayer and answering in YOUR time.
7. Brock started going to daycare full time since I started my new job! He LOVES it! Of course it took him a few weeks to get warmed up to the idea, but he has been doing great and is learning SO much. Marcus and I are amazed at the new things he comes home saying/doing. He is growing up so fast!
8. Brock turns two! :) We had no trouble deciding on a theme this year....he's all about ELMO! The party turned out great and he got entirely too many gifts between birthday and Christmas. Guess we have extra gifts for next year? :)

It's hard to believe he's already two. And just when I started really missing having a "little one" around, we found out on this special day, December 12, 2011, we're expecting again! We are thrilled, and so are our families! Brock and baby #2 should be around 2 years & 9 months apart. :)
This pregnancy has been so different than my first...Zofran twice a day has become my best friend since 6 weeks along. I also started showing earlier with this one, which I've heard is common with subsequent pregnancies. Brock has been so sweet kissing my "now showing" belly, and Marcus has been great and beyond understanding with my all day sickness and sometimes falling asleep as soon as I get off work. :) With one week left in my first trimester, I'm looking forward to less sickness, more energy, and finding out if this little angel is a boy or girl!
Here's a recent photo at 12 weeks...
And another of my sweet Brock and me taken the same day :)
9. Marcus accepts his first head coaching job at Rehobeth High School. Wow. I am beyond amazed at how God blesses. We are so excited about this opportunity, and will be moving to Dothan soon! Please keep us in your prayers as we began our new journey there and soon become a family of four. Go Rebels!
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



No comments:
Post a Comment