Monday, July 12, 2010

Lovin' My Sweet Family


Let me start by saying that this blog idea is still new to me, but I am so excited about sharing little pieces of our life with you all!

Marcus and I stayed up late last night talking about "the old days". We laughed so hard when he brought up the fact that he lied to me when asking me out on our first date. I remember he was so sneaky to try to get me alone, but it totally worked! We talked about him leaving Nebraska early to get home to me, and about the time I got mad at him and sat in the back seat of his car the whole ride home. Then there was the wedding. It was so much more than I ever dreamed it could be. Seeing him tear up as I walked down the aisle made me realize that our journey together would be worth every hardship, trial, or test that may come. It has been, and I know it will continue to be because it's OUR journey.

Marrying a coach was a blessing in disguise. I had no idea what I was getting in to, but I couldn't see it any other way now. I didn't marry just any coach. I married a coach with christian values, which is very hard to find these days. When I see my husband coaching, whether it's football or softball, I feel so proud to be his wife. He sets an example for his players like I've never seen before. He probably doesn't realize it, but he is a role model for so many, including myself. God blessed me with one amazing husband!

In April of 2009, I woke up to a big surprise. We were pregnant! Our plans were to wait until I graduated nursing school, but God had a bigger and better plan! Nine months of waddling around during clinicals, little Brock finally made his appearance! He is the smallest and most precious blessing in our life, and I thank God for him daily.

He turned seven months old today and boy is he getting big!


He's been pulling up to things for about three weeks now....scares his mommy to death! He is 100% a mama's boy but acts just like his daddy! For those of you who know Marcus, he can't be still for anything! Brock is Marcus made over and is such a little wiggle worm!

I know this has probably been scattered, but I guess that's what blogging is for! I love the life God gave us and his blessings are amazing. When you're in God's will, nothing else matters!

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog! Maybe you can inspire me to start one.
    You and Marcus are truly amazing and we are blessed by your friendship. I look forward to seeing your future blogs and keeping up with the Taylor family. :)

    ReplyDelete